Jump to Menu.Jump to Main Contents.

Center Hospital > ICC > ICC Q&A


First-time patients

Q1 What should I bring with me for my outpatient consultation?

  • Those with Japanese National Health Insurance card:
    You need to bring your Japanese Health Insurance card and photo ID (passport, residence card).
  • Those without Japanese National Health Insurance Card:
    You need to bring your photo ID (passport). If you have travel insurance or medical insurance, please bring your insurance card(s).

Q2 I do not have Japanese Health Insurance. Can I get your medical attention?

Advance confirmation is required. Please contact the International Health Care Center (ICC). (Weekdays only: 9:00-16:00, TEL: +81-03-6228-0749, e-mail: support@hosp.ncgm.go.jp
Patients without Japanese Health Insurance will be charged an amount equivalent to 200% of the amount calculated based on the current Japanese Health Insurance system.

Q3 Can I make an appointment?

  • It varies depending on the department you are visiting. Please contact us for further information.
  • Those without Japanese National Health Insurance card: Please contact the International Health Care Center (ICC).

Q4 It is my first visit. Where should I go first?

Please go to the “First Visit” desk between 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. on weekdays.
First-time patients are required to bring a “referral letter” from a medical institution.

Q5 Can I visit multiple departments in one day?

The number of departments you can visit in one day is limited up to two to ensure smooth outpatient care.

Revisit patients

Q6 I have visited NCGM before. Can I make an appointment?

Click here for “For Revisit Patients”

Q7 Can I change my hospital appointment?

Please call our Reservation Center (+81-03-3202-7494/7495).
You need to visit and consult your doctor to reschedule your tests.

Medical Certificate

Q8 I would like to file a claim to my insurance company later. Can you issue a medical certificate in English?

We can issue a medical certificate in English (JPY10,000 per copy excluding tax). Please visit the “Documentation” desk on the first floor between 8:30 a.m. and 17:00 p.m. on weekdays to apply. It usually takes 2-3 weeks from acceptance of your application.

Q9 What if I cannot come to pick up my medical certificate? What should I do?

Your medical certificate can be sent to you by post.
If you wish to receive your certificate by post, please apply sufficient postage on a self-addressed envelope, and submit it along with the application form to the Documentation desk. (Postage stamps are sold at the shop on the basement floor.)
Patients who live outside Japan can receive their medical certificates via email. If you want us to send your medical certificate via e-mail, please write the e-mail address on your application form. Application forms for the medical certificate are accepted at the Documentation desk between 8:30 a.m. and 17:00 p.m. on weekdays.

Q10 What should I do if I want to request a medical certificate after returning to my home country?

To request your medical certificate after returning to your home country, please contact the International Health Care Center (ICC) by e-mail.
Upon receipt and confirmation of your payment, medical certificate will be issued. Please note that bank transfer fee should be paid by the applicant.
ICC’s e-mail address: support@hosp.ncgm.go.jp

Payment Method

Q11 Do you accept credit cards?

We accept the following credit cards:
VISA, MASTER, JCB, AMERICAN EXPRESS, DINERS CLUB, NICOS, DC, UFJ, MUFG, Union Pay cards. E-net ATM and Seven bank ATM are available in the hospital building if you need to withdraw cash for payment.


Q12 Can I have my overseas medical insurance company make direct payment?

We accept direct payment if we receive a guarantee of payment (GOP) from your insurance company stating that all medical bills for treatment (including prescription fee and documentation fee for medical certificate) will be paid either by the day of your visit or the date of payment.
If we do not receive a GOP prior to your visit or the date of payment, you will be required to pay all the hospital bill in full and make reimbursement claim to your insurance company later.

Visiting us from abroad

Q13 Is it possible to have a consultation in Japan even if I currently receive treatment in my home country?

If you currently receive treatment at a different provider and wish to consult us on other possible treatments, you can receive consultation at the Second Opinion Outpatient Department. Please contact the Regional Medical Liaison Office at +81-3-3202-8066 in Japanese. For those who live abroad and cannot come to Japan, we provide an online second opinion service.

Q14 Is it possible to receive treatment in Japan?

We provide treatment for international patients living abroad who seek to visit us. Please submit an application form for preliminary consultation.
International Health Care Center : support@hosp.ncgm.go.jp
ICC’s e-mail address: support@hosp.ncgm.go.jp

Q15 I do not have any symptoms at present, but I wish to receive a medical exam to check on my health status. Is it possible?

Please consider receiving a medical exam at the Medical Examination Center.
Appointment Desk: +81-3-3202-8007
Weekdays (Mon-Fri): 8:30 a.m. -17:00 p.m.

Language Service

Q16 Is medical interpretation available?

We provide medical interpretation at consultation. No additional charges are required for the service.

  • In-person interpreting (available on weekdays Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. -16:00 p.m.)
    English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Nepalese
  • Telephone interpreting
    Available 24/7/365:
    English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Nepalese, Burmese, French
    Available everyday 8:30 a.m. -24:00 p.m.:
    Russian, Portuguese, Thai, Spanish, Tagalog, Mongolian, Hindi, Indonesian, Persian, Arabic, Cantonese

Questions to Each Medical Department

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Q17 I am considering of delivering my baby at your hospital. Can I see a female doctor?

You cannot choose your doctor, male or female. Even if a female doctor examines you during prenatal checkups, it may not be a female doctor who will provide care during your labor.

Q18 Can I see a female gynecologist?

We have female doctors, but you cannot choose your own doctor.

About our facility

Q20 Is there parking available?

Yes, there is parking available.
(Parking fees)
Outpatients / visitors: 100 JPY for first 2 hours, additional 100 JPY per 30 minutes thereafter
Others: 400 JPY for first 30 minutes, additional 400 JPY per 30 minutes thereafter

Q21 Do you have convenience stores or shops?

We have a 7-Eleven store and Green Leaves Mall (selling sanitary products and nursing care equipments) on the basement floor of the Main Building.
Open hours:
7-Eleven: Open 24/7/365
Green Leaves Mall: Open every day 8:00 a.m. -18:00 p.m.

Q22 Do you have any bank office?

We do not have a bank office, but we do have an E-net ATM on the first floor and a Seven Bank ATM on the basement floor of the Main Building.

Q23 Do you have a post office?

We do not have a post office in the hospital. Post stamps are available for purchase at the Green Leaves Mall on the basement floor of the Main Building. You can also send Yu-Pack parcels from the 7-Eleven store.

Q24 Do you have restaurants?

Yes, we have restaurants. We have TULLY’S COFFEE on the first floor of the Main Building and Bien Mall (restaurant and café) on the basement floor of the Training Center Building.


For the latest info, visit our website.